How to Open a PayPal Account that Receives Money in Nigeria
Since Nigeria was listed as one of the countries restricted from using PayPal in receiving money due to fraudulent activities, it has become difficult for Nigerians to receive money into their local bank accounts from international countries.
Its funny how clients, family members or business associates from the outside borders of Nigeria, pay you money through PayPal and you say you can’t receive it. It sounds embarrassing.
But never worry, we’ve found a workable solution on how to open a PayPal account that receives money in Nigeria.
What is PayPal?
For the benefit of those who don’t know what pay pal is, PayPal is an online payment platform. PayPal is a service that enables you to send money, receive money and make purchase of products online.
You can use your PayPal account to shop with millions of merchants and sellers around the globe.
Why is PayPal the best platform in online monetary transaction?
There are diverse methods of online payment platforms, but PayPal is rated the best among others.
This is because with PayPal, your credit card information is protected. This in turn means that you can shop without worrying about hackers downloading your account data from your online merchant.
Moreover, PayPal transfers between buyers and sellers are instant, and transfers from PayPal accounts to bank accounts can take just few hours.
For these reasons, online and affiliate marketers consider PayPal as their best payment gateway.
This article presents a step by step guide on How to open a PayPal account that receives money in Nigeria.
This version of PayPal account can be used to send and receive funds within and outside Nigeria.
First, login to www.paypal.com, where you will be directed to Nigeria PayPal interface that features only personal account on the top menu page of the home page. The personal account on the top menu page only allows Payment to be sent within and outside Nigeria but restricts receiving of payment from within and outside Nigeria.
Due to the afore mentioned limitations of the Nigeria PayPal account, the Island PayPal interface is employed to be used to open a PayPal account that could be used to send and receive funds within and outside Nigeria.
The question now is; how can the Island PayPal interface be employed to open an active PayPal account in Nigeria?
Here is the answer; on the home page of Nigerian version of PayPal, replace the “ng” with “Is” in the url address and press the enter button, then you will be directed to the island PayPal account platform.
This platform features personal account, business account, and partners and developers account.
The step by step guide on How to open a PayPal account that receives money in Nigeria is listed below;
- Click on “sign up” at the right hand corner of the top menu page of the island PayPal interface employed above in order to be directed to a page where you can select which type of PayPal account you want to sign up to.
- From the options provided at the end of step 2 above, Click on the business account option in order to sign up to business account option of the Island PayPal version. Signing up with business account option enables you to send and receive payment within and outside Nigeria. Afterwards, you will be directed to a page that requires you to supply a “virgin” email address to PayPal.
- Enter the an email address that is not attached to a PayPal account and click on “Enter” to direct you to the next page with the caption “SIGN UP TO A BUSINESS ACCOUNT”
- On the page provided, supply and select your details as the case may be, then click on “agree and continue” button to be directed to “Tell us about your business page”
- Select and supply the information required on the “Tell us about your business” page. Then click on “continue” to move to the next page (your personal information page).
- On your information page, comprises of your nationality, identity document and date of birth. Provide your accurate information needed, and then click on “continue.” After then, you will get a notification directing you to confirm your email address to activate your account.
- Login to your email account, open your inbox and follow the instruction sent to you by PayPal to activate your new and valid PayPal business account.
Now you’ve successfully opened a PayPal account that receives money in Nigeria!
PAYPAL is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money.
The essence of the above steps is to open an Island paypal account that is functional in Nigeria or to operate a Nigeria paypal account in affiliation to Island since Island is on the paypal list.